The base characters are the results of many years of experience in modeling humans. Each one is built on a professional mesh, that respects the fundamental requisites that every good model should have:
- The model is optimized for subdivision surface, avoiding redundant polygons and triangles.
- The topology has the loops for a perfect deformation during poses and animation, including the face loops needed for the main expression wrinkles.
- The topology permits to model the most relevant features of bodies and faces.
- The poles are structured in order to be minimal and used only where needed.
- The topology is human readable, in order to be easily customized by the artists.
- The topology is designed to be optimally sculpted with Blender, Mudbox, Zbrush, etc.
All the characters include complete teeth and eye models and all them provide a real geometry eyelashes, in order to be exportable everywhere, without being dependent from Blender particles system.
The base characters are modeled after accurate studies of anatomy and anthropology. The proportions and face features are created using statistical data, in order to extract the average ideal character for each phenotype.
In order to be SFW, models don’t include genitals.
All the base characters available in MB-Lab are modeled by Manuel Bastioni. The models available are: